CHECKLIST & SAFETY
We will be touring 2 or 3 different climates. The first is Wyoming, which is most likely cool (especially in May) but usually has a chance of rain and temperatures can drop unexpectedly. Southern Utah normally will be warm with the possibility of thunderstorms and Las Vegas can reach very high temperatures in the summer. Please bring the clothing and gear you think you will need!
- Lip balm
- Shorts (3 pair)
- Pants (3 pair)
- Socks (5 pair)
- Comfortable walking shoes (2 pair)
- Water shoes an clothes for white water rafting
- Shirts (3 long sleeve and 3 short sleeve)
- Parka (shell)
You can also bring a small personal first aid kit, however the tour bus will have an extensive first aid kit.
Participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- Our tour is an “active participation” activity. We recommend that you be able to stand from a seated position without difficulty. This tour is not appropriate for those with recent/chronic back or knee issues and participants must be able to walk for at least 1 hr without stopping as well as short 20 min walks. (Morning Glory Pool in Yellowstone is almost 2 miles round trip)
- If you have a medical condition of any kind which limits your physical activity you must notify us prior to the tour.
- All clients will be required to follow the safety policies and procedures of Western Dragon Adventures and the guides’ instructions during activities.
- All clients will be required to sign a Participant Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, and Indemnity Agreement in favor of Western Dragon Adventures before departing on any trip. Parents or Guardians are required to sign for participants under 18 years of age.
- Each client agrees and acknowledges when they sign up for a Western Dragon Adventure activity that they have responsibility for their own safety and that they agree they are ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE for their own safety during participation of the tour
- I HEREBY AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN WELFARE AND ACCEPT THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRIP.
All tours must be paid for in full at time of purchase. If a customer cancels their reservation at least six months in advance, they will be refunded 95% of their tour payment. Otherwise, the customer will not receive a refund, except for extreme circumstances deemed refundable by WDA alone. All refunds not listed above are at the sole discretion of WDA ownership. No shows are responsible for 100% of trip fees. WDA will work with you to reschedule your tour if it was cancelled by WDA. If a tour is cancelled by WDA and cannot be rescheduled, you will receive a 100% refund.All refunds will be provided as a credit to the credit card or bank to bank transfer used at the time of purchase.